Find happiness in a single cast. Pursue the perfect catch.
It’s a passion born from the time spent waiting for a fish to bite, a love fed by spending days alone outdoors and the sense of satisfaction that arises when reeling in a record-breaking trout.
Whether you’re a beginner learning how to tie a Royal Coachman or a long-time fisherman perfecting your dry fly-fishing technique, you’ll enjoy Dunkeld Country & Equestrian’s high quality fly-fishing environment.
Dullstroom is recognised as South Africa’s premier fly-fishing destination and Dunkeld – with its 19 well-stocked still water dams – gives visitors the chance to experience this for themselves. Trout were introduced into the area in the 1900s because the cool waters and climate provided ideal conditions. Stocked with Rainbow Trout, Dunkeld offers enthusiasts the chance to spend time in pursuit of the perfect catch.Rules and Guidelines
- Fly-fishing lessons are available on site.
- Rods and reels are available for hire and flies are available for purchase.
- All still waters can be accessed by vehicle and are within walking distance to accommodation.
- Float tubing is permitted.
Prices for day visitors:
- R180 conservation fee (per car)
- R350 conservation fee (per mini bus)
- Day anglers must pay for their catch
- Please ensure that you receive and complete a Return Form. This is to be handed back to reception at the end of your fishing session.
Please note: While Dunkeld Country & Equestrian Estate has a catch-and-release policy, anglers are encouraged to keep fish that are in distress. Releasing them into the water when they are in a state of stress makes them susceptible to infections.