Fly Fishing at Dunkeld
It’s a passion born from the time spent waiting for a fish to bite, a love fed by spending days alone outdoors and the sense of satisfaction that arises when reeling in a record-breaking trout.
Whether you’re a beginner learning how to tie a Royal Coachman or a long-time fisherman perfecting your dry fly-fishing technique, you’ll enjoy Dunkeld Country & Equestrian’s high quality fly-fishing environment.
Dullstroom is recognised as South Africa’s premier fly-fishing destination and Dunkeld has 19 well-stocked rainbow trout dams that allow guests to experience the thrill of fly-fishing for themselves.
Rules and Guidelines
- Fly-fishing lessons are available on site.
- Rods and reels are available for hire and flies are available for purchase.
- All still waters can be accessed by vehicle and are within walking distance to accommodation.
- Float tubing is permitted.
Prices for day visitors:
Please ensure that you complete and sign a Return Form. This is to be handed back to reception at the end of your fishing day.
- R180 conservation fee (per car)
- R350 conservation fee (per mini bus)
- Day anglers must pay for their catch.
Important : While Dunkeld Country & Equestrian Estate has a catch-and-release policy, anglers are encouraged to keep fish that are in distress. Releasing them into the water when they are in a state of stress makes them susceptible to infections.